Small Units Of Work1 min read
As a busy professional, I really appreciate breaking every task down into smaller subtasks. If a ticket has 2 or more things that can be done separately, I prefer to do them separately.
Example, instead of:
- Create new feature flag, remove old one if you have time
- Create new feature flag
- Remove old feature flag from code
- Archive old feature flag in Launch Darkly
- This gives me 10-30 minutes of productivity in between meetings and other tasks
- This displays a more granular progress bar on the parent Jira ticket
This is just my preference, not meant to be prescriptive. Each developer should be allowed to break down subtasks as they see fit.
Written on October 10, 2022
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect any individual or organization from my past or present.